Thursday 23 February 2012

17 Weeks First Americauna Green Egg!

One day shy of 17 weeks and we have our first tiny little adorable green egg!  High probability that it is from the Americauna hen.  Super cute isn't it?





"Debbi" ~ not sure what kind she is?
I will post an up to date photo of the Americauna today.
For now, this will do.
Regular, pullet, and oldie weirdo egg
The super small ones usually happen near the end of a
hen's laying life cycle.
 We had someone look at this hen and say she is probably a cross,
but she does lay a green egg.  Notice her legs are blackish blue. but she is
lacking the beard.
Ruth and Mei's cutie breakfast...everything was tiny sizes
The eggs being fried...Look at the tiny spot of yolk in the weirdo egg :)

All fried up to their likings
Another picture of their tiny meal...you can see the cute plates.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty girls! I think your unknown breed is likely an Easter Egger. You can achieve the olive egg layers by crossing an Easter Egger that lays blue eggs with a dark brown laying variety or vice versa. I have three girls that look very similar to yours but they are gold & buff with the dark markings instead of white. They were sold to me as Ameraucanas from the hatchery but since they don't meet the Breed Standard many call them mutts. I prefer the term Easter Egger since they lay lovely pink and blue eggs for me! Now I want to find a hen like yours to breed to my black and white Easter Egger Roo :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments ~ thank you!