Wednesday 25 January 2012

Apron Photo Shoot

Aprons and more aprons

I've been trying out a bunch of apron patterns I have gathered up.  The tricky part is that some don't have ANY instructions.  Now, I am an instruction type gal ~ I like details and more details.  This has been a stretch for me and .... wonder of wonders... I am actually LOVING it!

This is the 1st time in my short sewing career that I haven't had to rip out any stitches.  Once, the machine bunched a little at the start of a seam.  Usually it does that about every 3rd seam.  I have this feeling that God is blessing this time for me.

These aprons may be used for presents and some may be sold (gotta pay for that material somehow!)  Good quality cotton fabric is such a joy to sew with ~ it really doesn't compare with anything else I have used.  Worth every dime.

Half Apron with eyelet trim and rounded waist

Now you can look good as you work

Half apron with wrap around tie and small eyelet trim


Eyelet detailing on the hem ~ gives a nice feminine touch

Too pretty to work?

Full apron with ruffles and polka dot pocket

Made for hard labor :)
Full apron with adjustable tie at neck and
wide waist band

Time for a break!

Aprons and totes

Same as the pink, scalloped edging, but more modern look.





Country Gingham apron

With button up back shoulder straps



I wasn't going for a behind shot, but I love the bow and buttons!



Reversible stylish tote!  My Mom says it's "Classy".  Maybe she's hinting?


Sweetheart Cupcake aprons for little bakers.
Modeled on my 8 year old ~ She's as adorable as the apron!

A little baker's apron
This has turned into a favorite pattern.  I changed a couple things to make it sit better, and I will making many more of these.
Large detailed pocket


2 buttons for adjustment
10 year wearing on longest

8 year old wearing on shortest adjustment

"upcycled" sundress 

I like to make the neck tie a little adjustable ~
so I leave one end "out" and this one I turned into a bow.
You could undo it, then redo it to lengthen or shorten it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments ~ thank you!