Tuesday 1 May 2012

A sweet little baby girl's Quilt

One of my most precious child hood friend had the sweetest little baby girl in November.  She had a head full of hair, porcelain skin tone and such a sweetness about her.  Her momma waited a long time for that little blessing and we wanted to make her a baby quilt.  Well, it is finally finished and in their hands, not mine!

I finally decided on using "scraps" of fabric in strips and then sewing the strips together.  The symbolism was meant to be little memories, moments in time all combine together to create our lives. Some fabric has musical notes for my musical friend, some has hearts, etc.   
 I filled it with All Cotton Warm 'n' Natural fill and then backed it with flannel for the sheer coziness of it all!
 John Deere for her Daddy's job and life
 I used my regular sewing machine foot and did some wavy lines on each strip and then mitered the corners of the backing up over the binding. I wrote with some fabric pens a dedication to the sweet child and some special Bible verses to finish it off.  So happy it has found it's home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments ~ thank you!